Businesses can no longer rely entirely on their sales force for growth. The internet has dramatically changed the game and the landscape. The best solution for long-term growth is content marketing. Why is content marketing important you may ask?
Why Is Content Marketing Important?
There is one simple answer. When anyone wants to know anything, when they want answers and solutions, just like you, they search online. This reason alone should be a glaring indication of why you should have a content marketing plan. Without one is like driving a car with no tires. You won’t get very far, very fast.
There was a time when your sales force was the driving force for growth. Feet on the street is a plan that has limited ability to really grow your business. Face it, though still a very important element of sales growth, your sales force can only make so many calls in a day.
Let me repeat the question, why is content marketing important for growing any business? Other than the fact people search online for just about everything imaginable, I’ll give you a few more reasons.
Reasons why content marketing is important.
1. Long-term growth. With the right content marketing plan, you can target your potential customers, write articles about the things they have an interest in, then post it to your website or blog. The content will reside forever. It will always be there when someone wants to know.
2. Get their name. Using a good content marketing strategy with what is called a lead magnet, you can capture the name and email of visitors to your website. Once you have their information, you can continue to stay in touch with them using email marketing strategies to promote your products and services.
3. It builds your reputation. Have you ever looked at a website and thought little about the company behind it? I know I have. But I have also visited sites that I found to have a super reputation. Building your reputation online is crucial. Using the right content, you can easily build a reputation that visitors and prospects will remember and hopefully become loyal customers.
4. Increase your conversions. Some marketers talk about the numbers of visitors they get to their site. While this is a good thing, it is the conversions that count. Conversions equals money in the bank. Isn’t this something you would want? Sure it is. This is another reason as to why content marketing is important. When thoughtfully planned and executed, it has the ability to multiply the number of conversions.
5. Creating the advantage. Are you always looking for ways you can boost sales to grow your business? Content marketing advantages will come to those who are diligent in creating paths to their desired outcomes. In other words, put some serious thought into using content marketing to grow your business.
Today’s marketing is more about creating content that your audience wants. It is no longer about pushing products. If you want long-term, evergreen growth, then content is the way to go. Create information for your consumers. After all, they are the ones who put the money in your account.
As Bonnie Raitt sang about, let’s give ’em something to talk about. Give them content that provides answers and solutions. When you do, you create loyal customers. Customers that will stick with you for the long-haul.
Why is content marketing important? I hope now that you can understand and answer the question yourself. It’s time to start creating your growth path with a content marketing plan.