When you are just starting your online journey, knowing the best content marketing strategies can be elusive.
You have read one article after another on the subject only to find yourself stuck in a myriad of tangled words. Every page seems to have a different angle.
Knowing, and even understanding the best content marketing strategies, is confusing at best. So what strategy do you use?
This is what I suggest…
Developing the best content marketing strategies
Creating content that both people and the search engines like isn’t as difficult as many think. That being said, at the same time it does require you to study the craft.
I always suggest that when anyone is just starting out, keep your content marketing strategy grounded in the basics. Building a strong foundation is always the first place to start.
Steps to starting content marketing
1. Keep it grounded. You already have a good idea of what you want to accomplish. You know the subject of your blog or website. Stick to that. Don’t try to venture out in too many directions before you have grounded, or embedded your content in your core topic.
2. Be consistent. If you are going to do this, being consistent is one of the best content marketing strategies you can practice. Set your schedule to write and develop your site’s content. Stick to it.
3. Research your content. If you want anyone to show up to your blog, and stick around, do your keyword research. I know, this is the boring stuff but you must learn to do it. Part of the research is to know what your competition is doing. Stalk ’em. Study what they are doing then do it better.
4. Write, write, write. You have to write and write a bunch. This doesn’t mean you will publish everything you write. But don’t delete it either. Learn to take the content you write and compose it in a way that is interesting to your target audience. Publish the good stuff.
5. Don’t worry, just get better. You will find that not every piece of content you write will show up on the coveted page one of Google. Most will not. That’s okay. The more you do this, the better you will become. Don’t worry, just develop your content marketing plan and stick to it.
The best content marketing strategies are those that work for you. As you travel along your content marketing journey, you will find many paths. Some will lead into the depths of confusion.
Others will lead you to the light of this magical mystery where you will find the joys of creating a piece of content that people will actually enjoy.
These are just a part of many strategies that content marketers use. Continue to study, read and learn. If you enjoy content marketing, you will never grow tired of honing your craft.
What is one of your best content marketing strategies?